Sunday, October 30, 2011

Brainy-Cakes

Brainy Cakes


These fun cupcakes are super-duper easy and turn into grossly delicious little cupcake, a friend is bringing brain-dip so I thought this would fit the theme nicely....

This is what you need:
    Cake Mix
    Stuff for the cake mix (oil, water, eggs- whatever)
    1 can white frosting (you can do it from scratch if you get crazy enough)
    No. 10 (I used 7, it worked fine) frosting tip & bag
    Frosting coloring


1. Pick the cake mix of your choice (I chose a basic chocolate)

2. Prepare as directed (see I TOLD you it was easy)

       HERE'S The trick for PERFECT cakes- when you make your cupcakes
                1. Fill cupcake wrappers 3/4 full
                2. Preheat oven to 350 THEN right before you put the cakes in DECREASE the oven to 325 and bake for 25 minutes.. PERFECT!

3. Let the cupcakes cool and......

4. FROST! I colored the frosting will a little black and a touch of pink, my hubby and I had a very interesting converstaion about the color of brain matter (like we would know) and we decided that this color was perfect. Use your tip and basically swirl back and forth, think making a bunch of U's connected.

---- Tip: the recipe I followed here (click click click) said to frost it first, and it would have probably been a good idea since you could see the brown underneath, but either way I think they're pretty cool!


Now.. go eat your smart food!!!


Brainy Momma







No comments:

Post a Comment